Discussing what is or isn’t “Climate Change” is hard. As hard as discussing any other subject were our common safety is challenged, and when difficult solutions are proposed. Expecially when discussed online, a mix of pure disinformation, simplicistic reporting of facts and lack of scientific knowledge on the subject make having a serene discussion almost impossible. In this piece, the author attempts to answer five of the most widespread questions in regard to Climate Change:
1) Climate has always changed, why should we worry?
2) Are we sure it’s the CO2 fault and not something else causing it?
3) How can we be sure it’s our fault CO2 is increasing?
4) Isn’t climate “chaotic”? Aren’t your models full of uncertainties? How can you make meaningful predictions about the future?
5) I just saw snow in May! How can this reconcile with your “catastrophism”?